Sunday, March 28, 2021

The Coffee Bean for Kids

 


I finally read Jon Gordon's The Coffee Bean over Spring Break and LOVED the simple yet profound message. I knew I HAD to share it with my students! I ordered it off of Amazon and shared it with them this week. I believe we have the power to choose to make each day great and love the analogy of the carrot, egg, and the coffee bean that Jon uses to describe the power to transform our situation.  One of my student's wrote a poem/song to help us remember The Coffee Bean Rules. Listen here! It's so cute!

After we read the book, students did a quick write. I loved their realizations and their honesty. 


I am going to be passing out Shout Outs to students who are being The Coffee Bean, and students can pass them out too! I already heard conversations in our classroom like, "Are you being the Coffee Bean?" and "What would the Coffee Bean do?"

I am going to print the shout outs 4 to a page. 

Grab a copy of this shout out and my slide deck here.

Have you read it? I highly recommend adding this book to your classroom library to help build and create POSITIVE change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Student Writing

  "If it is worth learning, it is worth celebrating." I have always believed in celebrating students in big and small ways. I rece...