Saturday, February 2, 2019

Student Kindness Challenge

Hi! My name is Kyndra Hartzler, and this is my first educator blog post! I am passionate about making learning engaging and relevant for my students and put my "Hart and Soul" into all I do.  I recently attended an EdCamp and was inspired by one of the sessions to begin blogging. So, here goes nothing. 

One thing I try to do with my students is to help them build positive character traits and grow socially/emotionally as well as academically. Meredith Akers created a Kindness Challenge for her staff and that made me think of how I could incorporate that with my students. I elicited a little help from some students I was eating lunch with and #hartzattack was born.


I am going to give each student a copy on Monday and encourage them to complete the challenge throughout the month of February. Of course, I am going to join in with them spreading the love! Any student who completes the #hartzattack will be invited to a VIP lunch with me!

Grab your copy of the editable template here! (Tip: You can also print 2 or 4 to a page.) I'd love to see how you use it or hear how you help students show kindness. 

2 comments:

Celebrating Student Writing

  "If it is worth learning, it is worth celebrating." I have always believed in celebrating students in big and small ways. I rece...