Sunday, April 21, 2019

Podcasts for brainPOWER


Podcasts are popular and used by a lot of people to learn new information. Meredith Akers shared her Podcasts and Pedometers list on her blog for educators. That got me thinking, "Why am I not using podcasts in the classroom for my students to learn from?"

 So, I did some research and found some podcasts for students that are also able to listened to on our school computers and internet. I tried to find a variety of podcasts on different subjects to give students a range to choose from. Students can access this menu through Google Classroom. 

Click the photo for an interactive document.

I also created a reflection form for students to share what they are learning or wondering. I made one to print and one that I add to Google Classroom for students to fill out digitally. 
Click each photo to make a copy.

Hard copy

Digital Copy

Right now, we are in the middle of STAAR review so students are able to listen to podcasts as one of their activities for the week. I plan on adding Podcasts for brainPOWER to our blended learning rotations/choice boards next year and even allow them to walk while listening. 

 How you already use podcasts in your classroom? Which other podcasts do I need to check out for my students?

I'd love to hear how you use this menu in your classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Student Writing

  "If it is worth learning, it is worth celebrating." I have always believed in celebrating students in big and small ways. I rece...